Monday, January 15, 2007

Brrr...Little House on the Prairie





If you have kept up with the weather, a winter storm has been hovering over Texas for the past 48 hours. Over 300 flights were canceled, roads were sanded, the wind howled, and there was no electricity or water when frozen limbs fell on electric lines. Utilities were out for about 10 hours and literally, living in a log cabin, I felt like Laura in Little House on the Prairie. I got up to no heat and went out to gather wood and build a fire. Honestly, it was refreshing to read by the light of the sun and build a fire and not be bombarded with noise from the TV or Computer. I wish I had more days like this to simply enjoy life. However, I will admit, when my cell phone went dead, I went out to start my car and left it running to de-ice it and charge my cell phone. :) I met up with my nieces and parents around lunch to have an inside weinie roast - yep: hot dogs and smores. You forget how much electricity is part of our everyday lives. I enjoyed the challenge for the day but prefer to live in the 21st century.

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

How fun....I love colllllllld days like that. I'm sure it was way fun to be with your family and have hot dogs and wienies. Too bad you already had the day off anyway. Oh and btw...love the "I met up" with my nieces....gotta love your word choice...Miss Texas :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home