Monday, January 08, 2007

Take the 405 from Huntington to Westwood








Happy New Year! I finally found my camera cord - you know, it was in that safe place, right where I put it when I had to stash the junkie stuff when it was party time. Over the holidays, between December 14th and December 19th I flew (commercially) to California to see my family. The day I got to Huntington Beach, we piled into my uncle's "Duffy" to take a self-guided tour of the Huntington Harbor. Each year those who live on the water light up their boats and bayside homes and they hold a parade of lights. Here are two pictures from our tour.

Later that week, I got on "the 405" and headed up to the University of California at Los Angeles to watch the Lady Bears take on the UCLA Bruins at the famous Pauley Pavillion on Wooden Court. Such basketball history was made here by legendary Coach John Wooden. His "Pyramid of Success" is well-known to coaches and administrators alike. It was amazing to see the banners and experience this storied court (at this time the UCLA men are ranked #1 in the country) and of course to watch the Lady Bears take control of the Bruins - a good time was had by all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home