Thursday, December 07, 2006

Bosque Riverwalk





Some of you who know me or have been to the Ponderosa (at Scottwood) have heard me say that I am going to "walk to the river." About a mile behind the cabin you come to the bluff which overlooks the North Bosque River. It is a beautiful place for down time no matter if it is cool or warm outside. Our property goes all the way back to the bank of the river and we have an old gravel and dirt road that leads back there. We have cleared out an area and put in a fire pit for campfires. You can see my Golden Retriever - Brady - here at the firepit on the bluff. You can also see a shot of the river. Last Sunday, on the way back, I couldn't believe what I saw...the seedlings of bluebonnets in the field adjacent to my house. These usually don't show up until February...but until last week it has been in the 80's. I am included a picture of bluebonnets that bloom in the last spring for those of you who do not live in Texas. Tonight it will get down into the mid-20's so I think winter has finally arrived in Central Texas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home