Saturday, December 02, 2006

Hokey Pokey


Wow! What a week. We have had 5 basketball games in 6 days. Where should I start? Baylor Basketball... both the men and the women are doing well/gearing up for one of the toughest basketball conferences in the nation. I have worked part-time with Athletics since I graduated from Baylor; but this year, I became the "Official Scorer" for the Lady Bears. The pressure is on to document points scored, fouls & timeouts called, change of possession, and the time on the game clock that all of those occurred. I also am required to "wear the stripes" at the desk. Attractive huh? Anyway, the most exciting time was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, the then ranked #16 Lady Bears beat the #9 ranked LSU Lady Tigers. It was a grudge match of sorts when our student held up the sign that read: "YOU GOT HOKEY POKEY AND WE GOT A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!"

Let's see, what's next...the Jim Brickman concert.....stay tuned....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home