Saturday, September 30, 2006

Flyin' High




Some of you may know that I live out on family land. Way back in the 1960 my grandfather moved out here. After my dad got out of the Navy, he came back to teach at Baylor. My aunt and uncle retired from the air force and also built out here. They guys in my family have always flown planes...small 2 or 4 seater planes. I even took ground school from my uncle but never logged enough hours to fly solo. We have two grass air strips and two hangers. This is a picture taken yesterday from my front porch when my cousin was flying my uncle's Stearman Bi-plane. You might know it better as Snoopy's "Red Baron" Plane. It has a 400 hp engine and two open cockpits. The sound of planes taxi-ing, taking off and landing is a normal one around here. As many times as I have been in an airplane (commercial or private) the idea of flight never ceases to amaze me...defying gravity with a machine and aerodynamics. I makes me further understand the Great God we serve...because it is "through Him and by Him and in Him that all things are held together."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home