Tuesday, August 01, 2006

What's in a name?


PONDEROSA...why would I name my cabin?
The Ponderosa is the name of the lodge my family owned for years in Red River, New Mexico. Countless winters we skiied the greens, blues, and black diamonds...especially The Face. Numerous summers we hiked the trails to Middlefork Lake, Goose Lake, Wheeler Peak, and the River trail. I have very fond memories of the 4th of July Parade and square dancing in the community center. So, I kept the name so the memories would stay alive in my heart.

Here is a picture of my Ponderosa...where silence and solitude happen and here are my thoughts about all of it. This is an experiment and maybe an outlet. I will learn as I go and I hope you learn something along the way too. Here we go.

Country life is the best...you can be who you are and no one - not animal or human will resist you here in the country. Why is it that life is any different because we are surrounded by people, noise, clutter, and driven into busyness?
Stay tuned...more thoughts and alot more questions.

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

Way to go ...I'm so proud of you...welcome to blog world :) I'll be a regular reader!!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Adriane and Bryan said...

Hey Kim! I got your blog link off of EJ's. This picture brings back great memories of our Spirit Squad Christmas Party. I loved your house the minute I saw it, and to this day it is a dream of mine to have one like it. I too have similar memories of spending time up at my family's place in Angel Fire, NM. It's those memories that I cherish most.

I hope you are doing great! Maybe I'll see you this year at Homecoming. Take care!

Adriane Davenport (Cobb)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home