Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Men, babies & dogs






So, don't get the wrong picture...in fact, if you look at the pictures you will see one of the men in my life, two of the babies I have held, and a dog that I miss because she and her 'dad' and her 'mom' Elizabeth (picture on her last day as the Baylor Spirit Coordinator) moved to Alabama to follow their dream (and the Lord).

First about Men: as several of you know I have been "communicating" on EHarmony for about 8 months now. It has been in interesting time. It has totally alerted me to the fact that we think we are safer online than we would be in person. We (or maybe just I) tend to share more under the safety of typing and editing than we would if we were sitting across the table from a new person. I have had about 40 different "matches" and have moved all the way through the safely selected questions and guidelines with 6 different guys to open emailing. I have talked on the phone with two and gone out on a date with those same two. After seeing all the hype on TV about the "instant chemistry" and sparks and such...it seems that we still want the fireworks of our childhood fantasy mate. I have not found that. I have been out with two guys who are totally different. Both believers. Both gentlemen. Each is quite different in demeanor, physique, communication style, lifestyle, income, and other areas. It has been an interesting journey. I am not going into great detail here but I will say that the "older man" in the picture is the "main man" in my life and has been for the last 40+ years. My daddy is so sweet. We walk together about 3-4 times each week. He gives his advice and wisdom on everything from money to cars to investments to management to giving to family. I am so proud of him and hope that some day God will bless me with a man just like him. For now, I am content to be the Bride of Christ and a daddy's girl.

About Babies: there is a picture of me holding Jed West in a little Aggie sleeper that I gave him last winter. Jed belongs to Hope and Keith West of Denver, Colorado. I knew Hope and Keith from our days at Kanakuk. The second is a picture of little Abigail Bruner who is only 2 weeks old in this picture. She was born to Joe and Amber Bruner. Both parents worked at Kids Across America and were our fitness graduate assistants in the past few years.

About Dogs: Over the summer my friend Elizabeth Williams commuted back and forth between here and Alabama as she prepared to relocate. Her American Bulldog puppy (believe it or not) stayed all summer at the Ponderosa. This is a picture of her looking so fit and trim...what you can't tell is that she was in heat over half of the summer!!! Bella is the sweetest dog...she is so loving and energetic. She was so good on our cross country trek from Texas to Alabama even when I wrecked Elizabeth's car. :( She may never make it back to the Ponderosa, but I hope we will always reside in the heart of her and her 'mom'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home