Monday, January 08, 2007

0007 ZooLoo Whiskey






I have rarely been known to do things spontaneously; however, I tried to "just do it" this Christmas. Here you can see the Cabin at Christmas with my girl Brady. Two days later I hitched a ride on this Diamond Star with Brenner Campbell over to Alabama to see my good friends Elizabeth and Forrest Williams (and his parents, and his grandma, and his uncle, and his cousin and his sister and her family)...their philosophy was "the more the merrier." Brenner is a pilot and was going to go to West Point for some racoon hunting with Forrest. I volunteered to be his co-pilot. Here is his plane with us ready to go. It only took a little over 2 hours to get there. It was so fun to be in a fully loaded (GPS system, auto-pilot - see top picture) plane with an excellent pilot. After we got to West Point the family time began. Honestly, that is the way holidays should be - laid back and inclusive of family and friends.

It was fun to be there and to experience Christmas the William's way. Some serious gifts, some thoughtful gifts, some funny gifts - all were meaningful gifts. Here's one little example of a sign given to "granny williams" whose real name is Joel. I can't show Sylvia's gift from Arbelle because it might be used to incriminate the innocent. And I would show you Elizabeth's gift...she got for the Clement's Athletic Banquet - for one whole dollar - but you know how it is...family secrets must stay in the family.

The one thing I thought over the course of this little southeastern adventure are actually the words to an old gospel song: "I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God; I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood. Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod, I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God. ~~ You will notice we say brother and sister around here; it's because we're a family and these folks are so dear. When one has a heartache we all share the tears and rejoice in each victory in this family so dear."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home