Monday, March 05, 2007

Wham! Leaving a Legacy

Quick update before we head to the Big 12 tournament in OKC...in the past 3 weeks I have had the unfortunate experience of being in not one but TWO wrecks. In both, we were rear-ended. The first in Little Rock on a rainy evening and the girl's brakes just didn't hold on the pavement...I was NOT driving. Then last weekend, I was sitting at a light and WHAM! Hit from behind...here is a pic of my sad bumper - ripped by the front bumper of a three-quarter ton pickup truck. I am thankful not to be seriously hurt...just a little soreness in the shoulders and neck area...good thing we have a massage therapist on staff!!


In thinking about these two incidents I was reminded how we are so blessed in America! We (or at least I) view these as mere annoyances. They put a kink in our schedule by having to get with the insurance company then the repair company, talk through fault and deductibles and all the rest. The real question is...do people mean as much to us as our "possessions" that we spend time, energy, and money on? Are we just as annoyed when our friends are persecuted? Are annoyed to the point of action when someone is falsely accused? Where is our inheiritance? My pastor said this past Sunday that before we can leave a legacy, we must build one. I questioned myself..."how do I act or react when stuff happens?" Can you tell I am a believer in Christ by how I handle adversity? Or do I look just like the rest of the world and think that it all revolves around me anyway? Are my actions, reactions, and interactions representative of Christ? What legacy am I presently building and what legacy will I leave?

One last thought...from my dad when I was in my first wreck when I was 17 years old - I was in a 16 car pile-up - yes I was rear-ended, actually sandwiched between two other cars and my seemingly unemotional dad said something I will never forget, "Kim, I can buy another car but I can't buy another daughter." Where do you place your value?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home