Monday, October 08, 2007

The Miracle of Life

Helloooooooooooo Blog Nation.

Wow! It has been forever since I felt like I had anything worthy of blogging. But Saturday night, I was at the lackluster Baylor game when I got a call from Forrest saying that Elizabeth's water had been broken and she was admitted into Labor and Delivery with an epidural waiting.



F & EJ have been living at the cabin since June and her due date is October 20th. She got up Saturday and said that she thought she was having contractions....fast forward.....I leave the BU game and head to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center just in time to visit with EJ for about an hour before they decided "it is time to start pushing." That was at 7:35 pm. By 8:23 pm Walker had arrived and I was headed back to see the new family.


Walker Paul Williams
8 pounds and 11 ounces
20.5 inches long




It has been six years since I have visited the hospital to see the Miracle of Life. It was Heather having Mia, Erica having Caden, and Gretchen having Bailey. Little people with little features and little systems...all in place ad functioning...wow, what struck me is that our great big God is also
the Creator and Sustainer of life and He says
"before you were in your mother's womb...I KNEW YOU"
that is ... the Miracle of Life...

I passed Elizabeth's test on diaper changing, holding, burping, cleaning, and rocking so I guess I may be helpful when they bring him home from the hospital today. It will probably be later this evening...between 7 and 8:00 pm (just in time to see his first Cowboys game on MNF). The adventure begins....thank you God and thank you Forrest and Eliazbeth for letting be experienced the Miracle of Life through the Family of God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home