Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Sunday Traditions

Easter Sunday 2007...with snow the day before Easter, it was different than any other from the standpoint of weather. However, the Easter Sunday service at First Woodway had several traditions that have always been meaningful to me. As we sang a melody of hymns about the Cross: Crown Him with Many Crowns, We Fall Down, and Crown Him King of Kings, children ages 5-12 walked up and laid a crown at the foot of the cross. The lump in my throat grew so large that I could not sing aloud. As my heart sang the words of these powerful songs, I had two thoughts: 1) I am so thankful that we are teaching our children to approach the foot of the cross and lay things down...an act of worship and submission, and 2) What is it that I need to lay down today? Am I willing?

As I spent the afternoon with my sweet nieces, McKenna and Mia, I found myself thankful to worship a King who came to earth to make a way for all of us to spend eternity with Him. I am also thankful that our King is personal and desires a relationship with us here on earth prior to us spending eternity with Him. He is the King of Glory. He is risen. He is Lord. I hope your Easter was meaningful and memorable.

1 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very cute! You look beautiful :) Dont forget it! I'll remind you if you do. Way to be silly and 'let go.' ejw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home