Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Breaking Free from Work

Today I am off - totally off - not mentally (well, maybe) but from work at work and work at home. I have had a terrific month of November...first, I got a good report from my Dr. about my knee...still no load-bearing exercising - until January - but I can bike and do the elliptical machine! Then I took an entire week off November 10-15 and went to visit my good friend, Elizabeth, in Pass Christian, MS. During the day, I got to see her new world with her precious son, Walker Paul Lacedarius Williams.

Then about 4:30 each day we drove to New Orleans to Franklin Avenue Baptist Church to be a part of the re-taping of Breaking Free Bible Study - live with Beth Moore! This was such an amazing thing to witness. There is no way I can really describe it. I have tried and tried to see how I could actually blog about it...I am working today on narrowing down my thoughts to a few talking points....then I will post them later this week...since, as you know, I have the rest of the week off! :) so, stay tuned for an update within the next four to five days.


One final note on Redemption....this is the prequel for the 7th season of Jack Bauer and "24" that was aired on Sunday night. It was set in Africa and honestly hit a little close to home because it showed some rebels mounting a coup against the government and what Jack has to do to save 14 young boys...it reminded me of my time earlier this year in Rwanda and a bit of what it must have been like to live in fear and for children to be captured and forced to serve in the makeshift army. Anyway, alot of thought provoking scenes...but the very last one will preach...Jack gives up his freedom so that the boys will be saved...sounds familiar. More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home