Friday, July 11, 2008

Shackin' Up



Ok, one week ago, my mom told me about a book that she was finishing called, THE SHACK, by William P. Young. Now it is one week later, I have finished the book and no less than 10 of my friends tried to share their journey while reading this book. It is an incredible story of a man who experiences some horrific tragedies in his life. In the most recent one, concerning his daughter, he finds God in a most unique way. Through his encounters with God as Father ("Papa"), God as Son (Jesus) and God as Holy Spirit ("Sarayu"), Mack has his preconceived notions of God redesigned to a more intimate relationship rather than a distant religion full of responsibility and expectations. This is a story of healing and our love relationship with God, regardless of the starting point.

I highly recommend this book and will leave you with several quotes that will speak for themselves:

All love and relationship is possible for you ONLY because it already exists
within me...I AM Love.
p. 101

Trust is the fruit of a relationship in which you know you are loved.
p. 126

Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering
you will find grace in many facets and colors.
p. 185

Faith does not grow in the house of certainty.
p. 189

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Morgan said...

I have to read this book! Maybe after August 13th!!!!!!!! You are always the best at finding MUST READS! THanks Kim! Sure do love you! Will be calling/emailing you soon!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Sweet.and.Sowers said...

John read this book and said it was amazing - one of the better written Christian books he's read! I can't wait to read it after the bar!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home