Monday, May 21, 2007

My! how things change


Man! Who knew that so much could happen in a week where I am out of touch with the world. I leave on retreat Monday morning early and don't have any contact with the world in which I live until Friday afternoon. When I finally catch up on the news of my friends, family, Baylor, and the greater outside world, I find out that Jerry Falwell and Martin Luther King's daughter have died. I check the web for Baylor sports to find out that Baylor Women's and Men's Tennis made it to the Sweet Sixteen as well as the Baylor Softball team sweeping the Regional Tournament and hosting Michigan this weekend in a Super Regional. Baylor Baseball swept Kansas State in their last home series (picture of me with dad included) to earn a 6th place seed at the Big 12 tournament this week.



My cousins from California are finally coming for a visit - to check out Baylor, none the less! And my dear friends, Forrest and Elizabeth Williams are having a BOY! I call them MSU (Mississipi State or missionary) couple because they were called to Alabama for a year and now will be moving...last week I left thinking they were moving to Waco, when I returned, I heard that they were interviewing at least one more time in Mississippi. Who can blame them for wanting to be close to family as they begin their own. Let's just say that they are walking by faith and letting God lead the way...I guess we might know something by Friday (their last day in their house). But no matter where they are...they are having a BOY!
Sic 'em!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home